After you log in to O-tix and you will be presented with the New Event Creation wizard, a simple step by step process that will guide you from start to finish, to create your event. You can also click on 'CREATE NEW EVENT' button to start the process.
“Setup Your Event” comprises five steps to setup an event successfully: You can complete them step by step.
1. EVENT DETAILS
The Marketplace or Event Details Tab is where you publish the information about your event. It consists of the following 3 sections:
1.1 EVENT INFORMATION
- Event name – the name of your event.
- Event category - the type of event you are running
- Event description – 1000 words description of the event that you would like to be displayed on the front end ticketing website.
- Event Start and End Date/Time – Events start and end date with timings.
- How would you like your event dates to display? - This lets you customise how the event date will appear on the header of your event page
- Select event type – Basic events are your standard ticketing and registration events. Advanced events let you set up custom agendas and Ticket Options
- Event Website – if your event has its own event website, enter that URL here.
1.2 EVENT CURRENCY
Select the base currency and customer display currency for your event.
1.3 EVENT LOCATION
- Venue Name– Venue Name where the Event is being held. For example; “Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Clarendon Room A, Level 5”
- Country– Dropdown menu to a select the country where the event is held
- Address – Once you select a country and start typing in an address, the system will create auto suggestions.
- Suburb – This is auto populated if the address is selected from the auto suggestions (or can be entered manually too).
- Postcode – Postcode of the Event Venue
- Timezone – Dropdown menu to select the time zone of the event.
1.4 CONTACT DETAILS
- Contact person’s name – Name of the person to be contacted.
- Contact email for enquiries – Email of the person to be contacted.
- Contact number for enquiries (if any) – Number of the person to be contacted.
2. TAX INFORMATION
At this stage, you enter in all your tax and invoicing information for your event.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Will you be charging taxes for this event?
- The taxes that apply to your event
- Your registered company name
- Your registered company address
3. DESIGN YOUR OWN EVENT
This page allows you to customise the look and feel of your Event Page. It is where you can add a logo and background, and create a colour scheme for your Event Page.
This stage includes the following fields:
- Add your event logo
- Choose the logo style, Square or Circle. Your logo will sit on top of your header image as shown below, so pick your cropping style to suit your logo content.
- Add your event header image - Choose the image that will sit as your main hero image on your event page
- Primary colour - This colour effects the main components of the event page
- Primary hover colour - When people hover over the interactive elements of your Event Page (the 'Purchase' button for instance) the colour of the element will change to this
- Background colour- This colour sits behind the main content of your Event Page
- Display event address - Choose to show or hide the event address in the Header section of the event page
- Purchase button - By default, the button that directs to the purchase screen reads "BUY TICKET". If you would like to change this, you can enter your own custom button text here
Once all the fields are completed with valid details, click “Save and next” button and you are directed to “More Information” stage.
4. MORE INFORMATION
This section allows the user to enter the following Event details that need to be displayed on the Front End of the Registration page.
- Event Timings and Entry Information– Provide a detailed description of the event timings such as the start date, end date, timings of the event as well as information about how to gain entry. This information is displayed under the “Event information” tab at the front end.
- Ticket pricing details– Provide a detailed description of each of ticket type and ticket pricing. You might list the various ticket types, their respective prices, what inclusions come with each, the days and/or times at which they allow access, or any other general information pertaining to the tickets. Details are displayed under the “Ticket information” tab at the front end.
- Organiser Information – Provide a detailed description of the event. You might, for example, provide a brief history of the company and/or event to provide site visitors with some more context. Information is displayed under the “Organiser information” tab at the front end.
- Parking and Public Transport – Provide a detailed description of the Parking and public transport options available to visitors. You might detail the forms of transport that visitors can use (e.g. train, tram, ferry) and the associated train lines, bus routes, tram lines and relevant stops they need to know. For more ideas on the detail that you might include here, consider visiting the venue that is hosting your event (they will often have detailed venue access options written down). Information is displayed under the “Getting there” tab at the front end.
This page gives a complete review of all the details entered during the Event Setup process. It also allows you to edit the details if required. Should you wish to go back and edit something, simply press the ‘Edit’ icon to re-visit the relevant section. Once you are satisfied with your event review, press the ‘Done’ button to save and proceed to the next stage.