If you chose to create a custom registration form and add your customised questions for customers to answer, you will be able to add different types of questions.
By default, the First Name, Last Name, Email and Mobile fields are already been added and can't be edited or deleted. All customers need to fill these four fields if their tickets require registration.
1. DEFAULT REGISTRATION FIELDS
2 CUSTOM REGISTRATION FIELDS
Click field types from the column on the right to start building your custom registration form. The form builder comes with a range of question types, which are outlined below. Questions can be moved around with ease; simply click on the name of the fields you want to add and move the appropriate section of the form.
2.1 COMMON FIELDS
On the right side, there are a variety of registration form field options. You can add any “Common Fields” to your form by clicking on the item. The common fields are simply some of the most common fields used in event registration forms and will be displayed to your customers when they are purchasing tickets.
- Home Phone – Individuals home phone number
- Work Phone – Individuals work phone number
- Fax – Individuals fax number
- Job Title – Individuals job title
- Company – Individuals employer
- Date of Birth – Individuals date of birth
[Tip: Fields can be deleted by pressing the trash can icon. Common fields can also be deleted (or toggled) by clicking the corresponding item in the ‘Common Fields’ menu
2.2 TEXT FIELDS
“Single-line Text Field” or “Multi-line Text Field” are used to capture free-form text responses from a user. They can be configured to accept text only, numbers only or alphanumeric input. An example of Single-line Text Field uses: “Address line 1”. An example of Multi-line Text Field uses: “In 2015 words or less, please tell us why…”
- Field Label– The actual text to prompt a user’s response. Simply enter the question or label you want to prompt users with (e.g. “Address Line 1” or “Where did you hear about this event?”)
- Required field– If this is turned on, the user cannot proceed further without completing this field (‘fields marked with an asterisk are required’). If this is turned off, then the field is optional.
- Share with Vendors– When switched on, this will share the results of this field with vendors (only when a user also scans that vendor’s own registration form).
- Entry Limit– A field to set a limit value (e.g. “1,000 characters”)
- Validation – A field to configure the types of accepted data (e.g. “Text only”, “Numbers only”)
2.3 OPTION SELECT
“Option Select” are questions in which the user is selecting from one or more predefined response options. It includes four sections:
2.3.1 DATE & TIME FIELD
- Data & Time Fields– For users to pick a date (e.g. date of birth) or time. Customers can select date or time from this field (but not both).
- Dropdown (Single & Multi-select)– You can define a question and provide a list of response options (either single-select or multi-choice)
- Checkbox– You can define a question and provide a list of response options (multi choice only)
2.3.4 RADIO BUTTON
- Radio Button– You can define a question and provide a list of response options (single select only).